2023 Annual Meeting
The Scientific Program Committee is pleased to announce the 10th Annual Meeting of the Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine Society.
The 10th Annual PRiSM Meeting is designed to provide high-quality dissemination of information in the basic sciences, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and technical advances in the multi-disciplinary areas of sports medicine for children and adolescents.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the diagnosis & multidisciplinary management of common pediatric and adolescent sports related injuries.
- Establish treatment guidelines and algorithms for working with childhood athletes and their families.
- Examine multiple evidence based approaches to treating pediatric sports concerns.
- Explore clinical approaches to the injured athlete throughout their continuum of care.
- Evaluate effective ways to improve patient care and reduce lifelong sequelae of sports injuries.
- Increase member and non-member competence in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine
- Promote the highest possible standards in clinical orthopaedic surgery, physical therapy, primary care, athletic training, etc. practices for pediatric and adolescent sports medicine
- Promote the highest possible standards in clinical physical therapy practice
- Provide the target audience with a forum for the exchange of ideas and methodologies in the field of pediatric and adolescent sports medicine and related medical and basic sciences
- Increase the body of knowledge existing in the field of pediatric and adolescent sports medicine
- Provide educational opportunities to members in all aspects of pediatric and adolescent sports medicine
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the impact of the PRISM CME Program and make modifications to existing activities and develop new activities as appropriate.
Developmental physicians, pediatricians, orthopaedic and neuro-surgeons, family physicians, physical and occupational therapists, orthotists, rehab engineers, athletic trainers, coaches, kinesiologists, nutritionists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, educators, administrators, researchers, and all others concerned with pediatric and adolescent sports medicine.