Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN!
Submit an abstract HERE
PRiSM 5th Annual Meeting
January 25-27, 2018
Marriott Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
The PRISM 5th Annual Meeting welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field of pediatric sports medicine on the following topics:
Please review this information carefully and submit your abstract in accordance with these guidelines.
- Female Athlete
- Hip Disorders
- Injury Prevention
- Medial Epicondyle Fractures
- Multi-ligament Knee
- Outcome Measures
- Patellofemoral Instability
- Shoulder Instability
- Spine Spondylolysis
- Sport Specialization
- Stress Fractures-Overuse
- Tibial Spine
- UCL Injuries
The 2018 PRISM Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to decline any abstract that does not meet the requirements outlined below.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
The deadline for abstract submission for the PRISM 5th Annual Meeting in Plantation, Florida, is June 30, 2017.
GENERAL ABSTRACT GUIDELINES
ABSTRACT REVIEW AND SELECTION
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abstract titles must be in ALL CAPS.
- The maximum number of words in the abstract body is 400.
- After review, the Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision as to an abstract’s format of oral or poster presentation.
- Oral presenters have 5 minutes for their presentation and up to 5 minutes for questions and answers, depending upon the number of presentations in a session.
- Poster presenters will submit their work as a physical poster and/or an e-poster. Details will be provided to accepted authors.
- Generic drug names may be used, but commercial (product, brand) drug names are not allowed anywhere in the presentation.
- Authors may edit and modify their abstracts until the abstract submission deadline (June 30, 2017). However, no further edits or modifications will be permitted after the deadline.
- We suggest the use of the following categories to structure your abstract
- Background (purpose and objectives)
- Conclusion / Significance
Each abstract will be blinded and reviewed by members of the Scientific Program Committee. The Scientific Program Committee is composed of a multi-disciplinary group of PRISM members.
Review of abstracts is based on the following criteria:
The Scientific Program Committee reviews will result in a recommendation for acceptance or regrets. Submitting authors will receive notification of acceptance or regrets via e-mail by mid-August.
- Scientific/clinical originality
- Scientific/clinical quality
- Relevance to the field
- Adherence to the Meeting theme
- Ability to generate interest among delegates
All presenters of accepted abstracts must register and attend the 5th Annual Meeting and pay applicable fees.