Hank Chambers Award for Best Scientific Paper
(4) on-site awards, for the following categories:
Diagnosis, Treatment, Management of Medical Conditions (MSK radiology/US)
- Abstracts related to diagnosis of a condition (including radiologic studies), medical treatments, non-surgical management of injuries, outcomes. Includes concussion (as it relates to diagnosis, treatment, management), bone health, rehab (from a non-surgical treatment)
Surgical Treatments and Outcomes (pain management, rehabilitation, technique/cadaver)
- Surgical treatments and any topic relating to surgical management, such as pain management, rehabilitation after surgery, technique papers, and cadaver studies
Injury Prevention and Motion Analysis
- Abstracts related to injury prevention strategies, sports specialization, motion analysis
Mental Health and Wellness
- Abstracts related to patient and athlete mental health, sleep, identity, wellness
Kevin G. Shea Award for Best Scientific Poster
Awarded to the top ranked scientific poster.
Mininder S. Kocher Award for Most Promising Career
Awarded to the top ranked abstract presented by an author currently in training.
NEW FOR 2022! Inclusion and Equity Abstract Award
Scientifically rigorous and/or innovative abstracts may be considered for this award if they:
(a) identify, analyze, or seek solutions for healthcare disparities;
(b) focus on underserved, underrepresented, or understudied populations; or
(c) promote the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity as prioritized by the PRiSM Board of Directors and Diversity Committee.