Call for Abstracts
THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Abstract reviews are underway and notifications will be sent as soon as the review process is complete. We appreciate your patience during this process.
The PRiSM 9th Annual Meeting welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field of pediatric sports medicine on all topics, including (but not limited to):
Please review this information carefully and submit your abstract in accordance with these guidelines.
The PRiSM Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to decline any abstract that does not meet the requirements outlined below.
Abstract submission deadline
The deadline for abstract submission for the PRiSM 9th Annual Meeting is Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5pm EST.
General Abstract Guidelines
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abstract titles must be in ALL CAPS.
- The maximum number of words is 400, not including author names and institutions.
- After review, the Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision as to an abstract’s format of podium, poster or e-poster presentation.
- Generic drug and device names may be used, but commercial (product, brand) drug and device names are not allowed anywhere in the presentation.
- Authors may edit and modify their online abstract submission until the abstract submission deadline of June 28th, 2021.
- Abstracts published before the submission deadline are not eligible for presentation at the PRiSM Annual Meeting.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are only allowed to present a maximum of two (2) podium presentations and one (1) poster presentation and must register for the full conference and pay applicable fees.
Abstract Submission Process
Abstracts will be submitted online in TWO FORMATS:
- In an online text box, with only the body of the abstract included (no author names or institutions). It is very important that you only submit the body of the abstract in the text box, as this will be used for the blinded review process. You may upload a separate image file, with a maximum of (2) images in the document. The file may not exceed 4MB (.doc).
- As a word document. The second version (word) must follow the abstract template and will include author names and institutions. You may include up to (2) images in the word document.
PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT IN TWO FORMATS
FOLLOW THE ABSTRACT TEMPLATE
Abstract Review and Selection
Each abstract will be blinded and reviewed by members of the Scientific Program Committee. The Scientific Program Committee is composed of a multi-disciplinary group of PRiSM members. Final decisions are made on a numerically based average score.
Review of abstracts is based on the following criteria:
- Scientific/clinical originality
- Scientific/clinical quality
- Relevance to the field
- Ability to generate interest among meeting attendees
The Scientific Program Committee reviews will result in a recommendation for acceptance or regrets. Presenting authors will receive notification of acceptance or regrets by email in early August.
Abstracts must be relevant to pediatric sports medicine. To be considered for presentation, it should include/pertain/relate to a pediatric/adolescent population (explicitly or primarily) and one of the following should be met:
- population includes youth engaging in physical activity
- outcome measure includes Return to Activity
- is a sports related injury/surgery/condition
Notifications will be emailed to the PRESENTING AUTHOR in September, 2021. All presenting authors of abstracts (oral and poster) must register and attend the 9th Annual Meeting and pay applicable fees.
Accepted abstracts may qualify for PRiSM awards:
- Hank Chambers Award for Best Scientific Paper
- Kevin G. Shea Award for Best Scientific Poster
- Mininder S. Kocher Award for Most Promising Career