The female athlete RIG is comprised of a diverse group of health care professionals to include physicians (Orthopaedic surgeons and sports medicine specialists), certified athletic trainers, physical therapists and researchers. We are interested in identifying and filling current gaps in knowledge relating to unique issues facing female athletes in comparison to their male counterparts and how to better serve this group.
- Explore the gender preferences of youth athletes for the various providers in which they come into contact. Currently under systematic review and manuscript preparation.
- Explore the concept of athlete identity amongst youth athletes. Currently under systematic review and manuscript preparation.
- Multi-site study currently underway looking at sports bra preferences amongst youth and college female athletes.
- Plan to begin a multi-site study looking at gender/quality preferences of providers for youth athletes and parents, explore parent-child dyad in provider decision making.
- Plan to begin a multi-site study looking at athlete identity within youth and college athletes across different sports/regions.
[ Back to Committees ]